Thanks, Scott, the encryption feature is very important to me.  There's another
app called Signal, available from the App store which also provides end to end
encryption between users of the same app.  But Signal is not yet very common so
whilst I have got it, not many of my contacts do and I've realised that lots of
people don't care much about privacy in this way so they don't go out looking
for the applications like Signal.  And yet, our communications are increasingly
gathered by various agencies and kept.

Andrew

list.