Hi,

Between Time Machine and iCloud services, you can essentially have a local and
off-site backup solution.  With iCloud in Sierra, your documents, Desktop and
other application data is stored locally and off-site.  With iCloud Music
Library and iCloud Photo Library, all your music and photo media is stored both
locally and off-site.  All your apps you've purchased from the AppStore as well
as the apps you've purchased elsewhere are, for the most part, re-downloadable
from the Net or the AppStore itself.  So, essentially, You could re-installed
your MacOS from the Recovery Partition, get all your data and media from
iCloud, and re-download your apps without any third party solution.  The only
things you'd be missing in this case is, possibly, your specific network
settings and other preferences.

Now, CCC and SuperDuper are both excellent cloning and backup solutions.  They
are local solutions though unless you take your external drive off-site after
each backup.  There are other off-site solutions that I've used like Carbonite,
but I found there limitations from the Mac side frustrating and thus have
stopped the service for me.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada