To both Helga and ET; a very sincere “Thank You” for the suggestions.  What I’m
having trouble understanding is that I did try using the iOS app to share the
desired folder and when I tried ET’s suggestion it looked very similar to the
link sent via the iOS app.  I’m beginning to wonder if the recipient is not
exercising the sent link properly.

And, in fact, when I opened the context menu (VO+SHIFT-M) there was also a
“Share” option which I did try to use.  The e-mail message that resulted
appeared to have only an image named for the folder I have been trying to share!

But, to both of you, thank you so very much for your suggestions!

list.