Word works pretty well.  You may run into a little difficulty with complex
editing tasks, but most things will work fine.  I found tables a little
inconsistent. I use custom bullets in one of the documents I create, and
there’s no way to identify with VO which one I’m selecting.  I’ve also
discovered that things tend to work better with cursor tracking off.  I can’t
really speak to how well it compares to Pages, since because of compatibility
and familiarity I have stuck with Word.

Excel is another matter.  Maybe others who have been using the Mac longer would
be able to work with it, but I found it nearly impossible.  Navigating the
screen, though cumbersome, is doable.  Editing cells was another matter.  I
would try to edit one and end up editing a completely different cell.  I gave
up on it and imported the sheet to Numbers.

Power Point isn’t so great either.  I have rarely gotten VO to speak while
trying to edit the contents of an item in a slide.  I have not tried it with
Keynote.  Mostly what I have to do is small edits on someone else’s work, so I
put up with it in order to insure that the file I save as a .ppsx will work on
the Windows laptop where it will be used.

I can’t speak to Outlook, though others on this list say that it works well.

As for which is best, I guess that will depend on what you need to do.
Everyone here will have an opinion.  <smile>

> On Apr 18, 2017, at 2:28 PM, Brian Howerton <bshowert...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
> What is the status of microsoft word 2016 accessibility on the mac, or office
> for that matter?  Is it usable or is the iWork suite of products still the
> way to go on the mac?  Thanks,
> Brian

> list.

> ---