Try to type in the password and boot from the command + r option at start up
sound. You will be in disk utility. Command + f5 to start voice over of course.
Then vo-m, down arrow to start up disk, enter. Start up disk is now behind the
disk utility window. Hit vo-command + home and close disk utility. Now in start
up disk, enter the password for the disk. If the software say it can’t connect
or enter the password error, choose to start up from the disk anyway. Maybe it
works, maybe not. Worth a try a few times.

Take care

> 25. apr. 2017 kl. 16.51 skrev Paul Hopewell <hopew...@hopewell.org.uk>:
>
> Hello,
> I am running the latest El Capitan on my late 2008 iMac. I use time machine
> and Superduper! to an external hard disk. Both my internal and external hard
> disks are encrypted with the same password which is also my logon password.
>
> Recently something happened to my internal hard disk. Fortunately I was able
> to boot from my external backup disk and then used Superduper! to recover my
> internal hard disk from a 3 week old Superduper! backup. The restore seemed
> to work fine and after unlocking my internal hard disk with the encryption
> password via disk utility I was able to view the contents of this disk which
> all looked fine. I then used system preferences to set my internal hard disk
> as the start up disk and rebooted.
>
> In the past when booting from my internal hard disk I pressed Command+F5
> shortly after the startup chime. That result in a single beep telling me to
> enter my user name. I then pressed Enter which resulted in 2 beeps telling me
> to enter my logon password. I then hit Enter which resulted in 3 beeps
> telling me that all is OK and the system booted. Shortly thereafter VoiceOver
> started and all was well. Note that this complexity is there because the
> internal hard disk is encrypted and so VoiceOver does not work for the normal
> logon sequence.
>
> I expected the above to work OK after erasing the internal hard disk and
> restoring it from my Superduper! backup. But alas the above sequence no
> longer works and I thus have no idea what is happening as I cannot start
> VoiceOver.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on what is happening and what I should do to get
> my internal hard disk working again? I can use the iMac from my external hard
> disk but disk access is very slow!
>
> Many thanks for any tips.
>
> Paul Hopewell

> list.