From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Tim Kilburn
Sent: Tuesday, 20 June 2017 5:48 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: password management / security

More good info.  Thanks Jonathan.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

On Jun 19, 2017, at 11:33, Jonathan Cohn
<jon.c.c...@gmail.com<mailto:jon.c.c...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I believe the place 1 Password still shines brighter then Apple equivalents is
the ability to share Vaults within teams. This functionality seems very well
thought out, and allows one to easily control who has access to what services.

I also like the multi-word password generator scheme in one password. Sure, I
could create code that would do the equivalent in about 15 lines of perl code.,
but I believe they gave a little more thought to the process. Also good for
learning new vocabulary.

I believe  one password  ignores the HTML attributes used to tell browsers to
not save passwords.

But yes, it probably is a bit over kill especially if you have no need to share
passwords with others. An properly encrypted spreadsheet could perform most of
the functions of 1 password that are not done with KeyChain.  Though I do trust
Agile Bits  to create  a encryption that is  hard to crack.
  .

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:33 PM Tim Kilburn