I’m not sure just what problem you’re trying to have addressed here.  Once you
scan in a document and the OCR application has processed it, the file will be
properly aligned.  Are you talking about working with the actual hardcopy
document?

If that be the case, simply position the first or last page in your scanner
with about a half of that page out of the scanning field, scan the half that is
available and see what was scanned in.  It should be fairly reasonable to
determine whether the half scanned came from the top half or bottom half of the
page.

Of course, this isn’t completely “foolproof” but then most things in life are
not.

- Bill
- "A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents."
- German Aphorist, Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)