In addition to Tim's comments, in most states in the US, it is necessary to add
sales tax to the stated amount. There are only 2 or 3 states which do not add
sales tax. Otherwise, sales tax can be up to 10% or more.

In NZ, GST is 15%, and it is almost always included in the published price.
When in the US, people know they will be paying more than the quoted price. In
Australia, GST is 10%, and it is also included in the quoted price.

Finally, as the products are from another country, it is necessary to look at
the exchange rates. In many cases, once these additional factors are
calculated, one notices that the prices are actually rather similar.

Kind regards,

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: nexu...@icloud.com
Mobile: 0488 988 936

Kind regards,

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +61 488 988 936
Sent from my iPhone
> On 15 Oct 2017, at 02:05, Tim Kilburn <kilbu...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Simon,
>
> I'm certainly not a lawyer but believe that this sort of thing is not totally
> the fault of Apple or any other provider.  Different regulations within each
> country, different levels of tax levels and such cause things to be priced
> much different in each area.  We, in Canada, also pay more than our southern
> neighbours for things, and I know for sure that we often don't get full
> availability of features the same as the States either.  For example,
> somewhere between our government and the big Telecom providers, we are not
> able to have access to the yearly upgrade program that Apple offers to iPhone
> users in the US.  Things like iTunes Match and Apple Music tend to come to us
> behind its release in the US.  Netflix costs more and we don't get the same
> amount of content either.  So, I guess that my point is that we can't totally
> blame Apple or the other tech providers for these inflated costs, there's
> usually a bunch of other things that contribute to this inflation of costs.
>
> Later...
>
> Tim Kilburn
> Fort McMurray, AB Canada
>
> On Oct 13, 2017, at 19:31, Simon Fogarty <si...@blinky-net.com> wrote:
>
> Hi List,
>
> I’ve just been looking at the Apple TV 4 K as a possible upgrade from my 4th
> gen aTV
>
> To give you an idea of why people don’t rush to buy apple products in New
> Zealand,
> The apple TV 4K cost USA dollars,
> 199 for the 64Gig version,
> This equals 278.00 New Zealand dollars with conversion.
>
> Yet on the apple.co.nz website they have the retail price of the 4K 64Gig
> device as $339.00
>
> Why do apple have to charge such crazy pricing between nations?
>
> And the Apple TV app on the phone or iPad isn’t even available on my iPhone
> 7+ in NZ,
> Crazy things we have to put up with.

> list.

> ---