Hi Janina,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive response.  It
was well worth the wait. :)

It sounds like my needs are very similar to yours.  I, too, need a specific
phone number that clients can call, and would like to be able to receive calls
from anywhere, either on my Mac or my iPhone..  I don't need a group platform,
such as that of Zoom.  I currently use Skype, and yes, it does allow for making
and receiving calls from the PSTN. But I have become unhappy with the changes
Microsoft has implemented in the interface, so have begun to look at other
options.  I like FaceTime, but it has the limitations that you mentioned, and
Also does not allow one to obtain a separate phone number.

It sounds like the solution you use runs under Linux, not Mac.  Am I reading
that correctly?

Again, thanks for taking the time to write such a lengthy answer to my question.
Cheers,
Donna

list.