it sounds like some process that voiceover depends on is going defunct and
finally resulting in voiceover resetting. I see that here a lot with chrome on
my OS X Lion system. It turns out to be another process that depends on
spottily and when that goes non-compus menus, voiceover locks up and eventually
resets.

not sure this is happening in your case, but taking at console in the all
messages table might be revealing.

-eric

On Jan 4, 2018, at 2:26 PM, Christine Grassman wrote:

> It seems each week a new irritation is popping up. I have no idea if they are
> related, if it is High Sierra-based, that my computer is over three years
> old, or what.
> 1. I am constantly receiving “failure to deliver” messages in Apple Mail,
> ostensibly from Apple, for emails that do go through.
> 2. I receive “busy” messages constantly when navigating web sites, and it is
> becoming increasingly persistent.
> 3. When the “busy” craziness freezes the MacBook, if I wait about ten seconds
> to fifteen seconds, there is a click, I hear “VoiceOver on” and things go
> back to normal. This happens in different applications.
> It is starting to interfere with my productivity.
> FYI, my computer was recently fully diagnosed by Apple and was deemed in fine
> shape. I am running the latest software, and the only other thing I suppose
> is worth mentioning is that I am occasionally receiving notifications of
> remaining memory, which is currently at 16 GB.
> Christine

> list.

> ---

list.