I run VMWare, and keep a USB keyboard on hand for when I need to run my Windows
VM. I use the insert key on the top left of the six pack for this. Yes, the
caps lock key won't work in VMWare, but it will in Bootcamp. At least it did
last time I ran Bootcamp, some years ago. It should work now, too, since the
problem is macOS not passing the key to the VM in the first place, as I
understand it. Overall, though, an external keyboard is the best solution. I
tried mapping my NVDA key to be the accent (above tab) but that made too many
keystrokes too awkward. Besides, this external keyboard is a mechanical one,
and is therefore much more comfortable for extended typing.

--
Alex Hall

list.

caraqu...@caraquinn.com