I have a Mac Mini from 2016. This has also happened on previous Minis. I have
never known it to occur on a laptop. I will be listening to music and I will
quicklook another type of sound file or even sometimes a file that uses
voiceover. I’m guessing that two sounds hit the in a very specific way and I
lose not only the voice of voiceover, but all of it’s functionality as well.
Other apps are still open and functioning, and, for example, if I can
command+tab to iTunes, I can pause it. However, any VO command results in the
default sound you get if you are at the top or bottom of a file or.

Is there any way to restore VO without rebooting the computer?

Thanks.

Kristeen