Hi,

Try starting up iTunes while holding down the Option key.  This will force
iTunes to ask which library you'd like to start from.  I'd create a new iTunes
Library, and see if iTunes, the app, starts normally.  If it does, then there's
likely an issue with the iTunes database file, not your music, the database
that logs the various media and locations of everything.  If iTunes does start
up using this process, you can repair the old library, or at least attempt to,
using the following method...

https://www.kirkville.com/how-to-rebuild-your-itunes-library/
<https://www.kirkville.com/how-to-rebuild-your-itunes-library/>

Otherwise, if playlists that you've created are not a factor, you can simply
use the new library that you created, and import all the music from the
original library into this new one using the Add to Library item under the File
menu.

HTH.

Later...

Tim Kilburn