Hello,
I also live in the UK and have NHS hearing aids 1 for each ear. I use
Music-Link+ stereo silhouette earhooks  available from www.connevans.co.uk for
about £20. These hook over my behind the ear hearing aid to drive the inductive
loop system in the hearing aid. They plug into the 3.5 mm audio jack socket on
my iPhone 5S. I also use them with my iPod nano. I find the audio quality
satisfactory and there are no delays as reported by others for bluetooth
hearing aids.
My hearing aids are set up to be independently adjustable for program and
volume. Thus I can put both earhooks over one hearing aid to listen the iPhone
while leaving the other hearing aid to listen to what is happening around me.
At other times I can put each earhook over each hearing aid to fully enjoy
music and drama in stereo. As they plug into the audio jack socket of my iPod
Nano they connecting cable acts as an aerial for the FM radio in the iPod nano
which I use a lot. Alas Apple has discontinued the iPod Nano so when mine no
longer works I will miss FM radio. My iPhone is pay as you go so live radio
will be expensive away from my wifi. It would be great if the iPhone included
FM radio!
Hope this helps….

Paul Hopewell

list.