I have the opposite issue with my HandiTech Actilino: Bluetooth works
wonderfully with my MacBook Air and iPhone 8, but there is no USB communication
(although there was a few months ago). My current workaround is a micro card
reader; it does what I need, so for now, that’s good enough. It is so difficult
to figure out whether there is an Apple problem or a HandiTech problem. I
updated the firmware on the device using a Windows computer; rebooted my
MacBook; set the Actilino to factory defaults; made sure other devices were
communicating just fine . . . reset SMC and PRAM on the MacBook Air. Nothing
changed. I know this doesn’t help with your problem, but at least it
demonstrates a pattern of communication issues with Apple and HandiTech. My
issue was reported; I suggest you do the same. ARe you on the HT-Braille
mailing list for users of HandiTech devices? If not, I could inquire as to
whether anyone else is having this issue.
Christine

> On Jun 9, 2018, at 3:20 AM, Anders Holmberg <and...@pipkrokodil.se> wrote:
>
> Hi!
> I think i’ve mentioned this before but its very very strange to me.
> I have a Handytech Basic Braille 40 here and as it can handle both usb and
> bluetooth and is able to switch between them i would like to have my linux
> computer connected via usb and the mac connected via bluetooth.
> But for some odd reason i can not pair this handytech device to the mac via
> bluetooth.
> Usb is fine with no problems.
> I can’t believe that there should be specific drivers for the display in
> order to work with bluetooth.
> My VarioUltra 20 can be paired with success so this is very very strange
> indeed.
> Reading the documentation only mentions pc, Ios and Android with bluetooth
> but it doesn’t state that it is impossible to pair it with the mac.
> Infact i have paired it but voiceover can’t seem to handle it.
> Its not detected.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance.
> /A