Hi,

Actually, 10 MB is rather slow.  Go to fast.com on the web and see how fast it
believes your download speed is.  You may also wish to try www.speedtest.net.
Just as a reference, I tend to get anywhere between 120 and 150 MB/s at home
for download with about 15 MB/s upload.  At work, I usually get 200 to 300
download and 200 to 300 upload.  So, 10 MB/s is extremely slow in my world.
Also, it should be noted that the device that is at the other end also affects
your download speed.  So, if you have 10 MB/s download and the device your
downloading from has 100 MB/s upload, if they have multiple people downloading
at the same time, this bandwidth is divided up between all the downloaders.
Theres a lot of factors that can make it so that you don't get your optimum
download speed.  There's really nothing you need to do to your settings that
can affect this.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Apple Teacher