I just started riding independently with Uber yesterday!  so, I know that some,
if not all drivers, are willing to help you to the door when getting out of the
car, but can you make a note asking them to come and knock or help you down the
steps?  The place where I live has steps at the front door with no railing, and
I have a bit of a balance muscle weakness that makes me feel less secure.

Another question is, is it the best manners to wait until the driver opens your
door, even when you arrive home, or is it okay to do it yourself.  Any other
tips?

Thanks,

> On Jul 19, 2018, at 11:31 AM, M. Taylor <mk...@ucla.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I don't know if I've asked this before but, if so, I cannot remember the
> answer.  When scheduling a ride via the Uber app, is it possible to indicate
> that one is blind or uses a mobility aid  such as a white cane?
>
> I ask because I'm just wondering how a totally blind person would realize
> that the car has arrived.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mark

> list.

> caraqu...@caraquinn.com

> ---

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit
http://cochlearamericas.com

list.

caraqu...@caraquinn.com