let's see if I can explain what I mean. say that I'm in my home directory and I 
open dropbox with command-down. then I open a folder inside there called 
Circle. I do whatever I want with the files in there and then I press 
command-up which takes me out of circle and puts me back in dropbox. another 
command-up and I'm back in my home directory. now, suppose I start cycling 
through my windows using command-accent. I would expect to have my home 
directory which I have just left, my external hard drive and usually there's 
one more showing me my drives. but what I find is a window for dropbox and one 
for circle as I cycle through. of course I can close them, but why should this 
be happening? I would expect it if I were just opening another window or even 
cycling to another window to do another task but I'm not. it probably is some 
setting somewhere but I don't know what to look for. e
My Youtube Channel:
"www.youtube.com/loriemccloud                           

> On Oct 3, 2018, at 11:54 PM, 'E.T.' via MacVisionaries 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>   Folders are going to stay in the same state you left them in. If for 
> example you use command shift d to open your Documents folder, then do 
> command up to close them all, the next time you do a command d you will see 
> all those folders in there. That is normal.
> 
> From E.T.'s Keyboard...
>   [email protected]
> Many believe that we have been visited
> in the past. What if it were true?
> 
> On 10/3/2018 9:45 PM, Lorie McCloud wrote:
>> well, I know how to close windows and that's what I do when I cycle through 
>> my finder windows and find all these folders open. I somehow leave a trail 
>> of open folders (or maybe it's windows) behind me. the folders must be 
>> opening in separate windows. any idea what would make that happen?
>> thanks.
>> My Youtube Channel:
>> "www.youtube.com/loriemccloud                                
>>> On Oct 3, 2018, at 11:40 PM, 'E.T.' via MacVisionaries 
>>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Lorie,
>>>   Do you want to close Finder windows? Or collapse subfolders? Sounds like 
>>> we are not on the same page here. Are you opening multiple Finder windows? 
>>> You have to close each one with a command w. That will not open or close 
>>> folders.
>>> 
>>> From E.T.'s Keyboard...
>>>   [email protected]
>>> Many believe that we have been visited
>>> in the past. What if it were true?
>>> 
>>> On 10/3/2018 9:17 PM, Lorie McCloud wrote:
>>>> yeah. that's the way I do it. if I said something different than that I 
>>>> guess I just got turned around in the expressing of it. it's down for open 
>>>> and up for close. like I said, I get where I'm going but the path stays 
>>>> open.
>>>> My Youtube Channel:
>>>> "www.youtube.com/loriemccloud                              
>>>>> On Oct 3, 2018, at 12:09 PM, 'E.T.' via MacVisionaries 
>>>>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>>   You have those two commands switched around. Command down to open q 
>>>>> folder, command up to close it. Open down, close up.
>>>>> 
>>>>> From E.T.'s Keyboard...
>>>>>   [email protected]
>>>>> Many believe that we have been visited
>>>>> in the past. What if it were true?
>>>>> 
>>>>> On 10/3/2018 8:38 AM, Lorie McCloud wrote:
>>>>>> I've been opening them with command-uparrow and closing them with 
>>>>>> command-down arrow. that's the reason I don't understand why everything 
>>>>>> just stays open.my cursor arrives back in my home directory but if I 
>>>>>> cycle through windows everything's still open.
>>>>>> My Youtube Channel:
>>>>>> "www.youtube.com/loriemccloud                            
>>>>>>> On Oct 3, 2018, at 4:07 AM, Anne Robertson <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Hello Lorie,
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> In list view, you should never use the right arrow to open a folder as 
>>>>>>> it simply inserts the contents of that folder into the list of items of 
>>>>>>> the parent folder. Always open a folder with either Command-o or 
>>>>>>> Command-Down Arrow. You can close the folder and go up to the parent 
>>>>>>> folder using Command-Up Arrow.
>>>>>>> If you have lots of folders open inside a parent folder, keep pressing 
>>>>>>> the left arrow until they all close.
>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Anne
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> On 3 Oct 2018, at 10:03, Lorie McCloud <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> that's what I've been doing after I realized they were all still open. 
>>>>>>>> do I need to do that every time? when I use command-w it closes that 
>>>>>>>> particular window but the rest of the path to that folder is still 
>>>>>>>> open.
>>>>>>>> My Youtube Channel:
>>>>>>>> "www.youtube.com/loriemccloud                          
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> On Oct 3, 2018, at 2:30 AM, Oriol Gómez <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> hi
>>>>>>>>> naw man, you need to close the windows, by hitting alt+w on their
>>>>>>>>> windows, otherwise the windows jsut stay open
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> hth
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> On 10/3/18, Lorie McCloud <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>> I have my folders set to show as lists. lately even though I close 
>>>>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>>>>> folders as I am leaving them, I find later when cycling through 
>>>>>>>>>> windows that
>>>>>>>>>> they're all still open. I'm thinking that closing the folders back 
>>>>>>>>>> up to the
>>>>>>>>>> home directory level is actually closing them but apparently it 
>>>>>>>>>> isn't. what
>>>>>>>>>> do I need to change?
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> thanks.
>>>>>>>>>> Lorie
>>>>>>>>>> My Youtube Channel:
>>>>>>>>>> "www.youtube.com/loriemccloud                                
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>> The following information is important for all members of the Mac
>>>>>>>>>> Visionaries list.
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this 
>>>>>>>>>> list, or if
>>>>>>>>>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the 
>>>>>>>>>> owners or
>>>>>>>>>> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach 
>>>>>>>>>> mark at:
>>>>>>>>>> [email protected] and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at
>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>>>>>>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>>>>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>>>>>>>> Groups
>>>>>>>>>> "MacVisionaries" group.
>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, 
>>>>>>>>>> send an
>>>>>>>>>> email to [email protected].
>>>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>>>>>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
>>>>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>>>> The following information is important for all members of the Mac 
>>>>>>>>> Visionaries list.
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, 
>>>>>>>>> or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact 
>>>>>>>>> the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list 
>>>>>>>>> itself.
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach 
>>>>>>>>> mark at:  [email protected] and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach 
>>>>>>>>> Cara at [email protected]
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>>>>>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>>>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>>>>>>> Groups "MacVisionaries" group.
>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, 
>>>>>>>>> send an email to [email protected].
>>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>>>>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
>>>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>>> The following information is important for all members of the Mac 
>>>>>>>> Visionaries list.
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, 
>>>>>>>> or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact 
>>>>>>>> the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list 
>>>>>>>> itself.
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach 
>>>>>>>> mark at:  [email protected] and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach 
>>>>>>>> Cara at [email protected]
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>>>>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>>>>>> Groups "MacVisionaries" group.
>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>>>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>>>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
>>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>> The following information is important for all members of the Mac 
>>>>>>> Visionaries list.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, 
>>>>>>> or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact 
>>>>>>> the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list 
>>>>>>> itself.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark 
>>>>>>> at:  [email protected] and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara 
>>>>>>> at [email protected]
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>>>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>>>>> Groups "MacVisionaries" group.
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>> 
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> The following information is important for all members of the Mac 
>>>>> Visionaries list.
>>>>> 
>>>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or 
>>>>> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the 
>>>>> owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark 
>>>>> at:  [email protected] and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
>>>>> [email protected]
>>>>> 
>>>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>>>> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>>> Groups "MacVisionaries" group.
>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>>>>> email to [email protected].
>>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>> 
>>> -- 
>>> The following information is important for all members of the Mac 
>>> Visionaries list.
>>> 
>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners 
>>> or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>> 
>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at: 
>>>  [email protected] and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
>>> [email protected]
>>> 
>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>> Groups "MacVisionaries" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>>> email to [email protected].
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries 
> list.
> 
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
> 
> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at:  
> [email protected] and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
> [email protected]
> 
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "MacVisionaries" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries 
list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at:  
[email protected] and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MacVisionaries" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to