Hi,

The Dictate is located in the lower right of the keyboard, below the Return key.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Apple Teacher
(with Swift Playgrounds Recognition)
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

On Oct 27, 2018, at 14:40, Mary Otten <motte...@gmail.com
<mailto:motte...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Yes, definitely landscape mode. That’s pretty much where I live on phones.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 27, 2018, at 12:53 PM, Pete De Vasto <pdevasto0...@gmail.com
> <mailto:pdevasto0...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Very obvious question that comes to mind right away because I’ve been burned
> so many times: I’m assuming you have the phone in portrait mode, rather than
> landscape? If so, I’m not gonna be able to help anymore because I’m still on
> an iPhone SE and wasn’t figuring to upgrade any time soon! LOL
>
> Pete
>
>> On Oct 27, 2018, at 12:51 PM, Mary Otten <motte...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:motte...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Pete,
>> Yes, I know where the dictate button should be. And fortunately the magic
>> tap to start and stop dictation still works. But dictate just isn’t there. I
>> don’t usually have to flick to it. I just find it. But I tried flicking, and
>> went  from space bar two more numbers. Interestingly, the Russian keyboard
>> which is the other keyboard I have on my phone and is showing as such in
>> keyboard settings, that switch to enable you to move from one keyboard to
>> another is not present, so I can’t get to the Russian either. I wonder what
>> silly little thing is causing this problem on this phone. It works on the
>> old phone
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Oct 27, 2018, at 12:45 PM, Pete De Vasto <pdevasto0...@gmail.com
>>> <mailto:pdevasto0...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh good, glad you found the culprit. Geez, I can’t tell you how many times
>>> I’ve had little things like that happen to me, and you’re so right, how
>>> stupid you feel when you forgot? Now, as for the keyboard, if it’s the
>>> standard on-screen keyboard, Go down to the bottom right corner and move up
>>> till you here return. Swipe left, you should hear space, then dictate.
>>> Also, I believe double-tapping anywhere on the keyboard should throw you
>>> into dictate mode, then a second double-tap transfers to the edit field.
>>>
>>> Pete

>>> Visionaries list.

>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at:
>>>  mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu> and your owner is Cara Quinn - you
>>> can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

>>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
>>> ---