Hello,

This exact problem occured to me for months using High Sierra, it was a nightmare because is a serious issue for people who like to gain time and be productive when using the mac.

I really hope this problem gets fixed by following apple support instructions, I followed them,and sadly, it didn’t.I followed all the steps and even I used terminal as I recall it was recommended on a blog for some dude.I didn’t success but I hope this isn’t your case.

I got this problem solved without doing absolutely anything but updating my mac to Mojave.

I’m not recommending you to do the same, jus letting you know.

Leo Bado