Firstly, keyboards are Bluetooth devices. Anything with an Internet protocol (IP) address is Wi-fi; all  else are Bluetooth, or a variant such as Airplay.

Secondly, your keyboard will  work fine, with or without an FN key, except that you'll have to remember that the Command and Option keys are transposed--Command will be the Windows key, and Option will be the Alt key. I'm not sure what the Application key does, if anything, in Mac OS. Either way, you'll find all of this out when you pair the keyboard with your Mini.

Third and finally, the FN key in question is used to switch between media control keys and standard function keys. There is a setting in MacOS Preferences to set this behavior. Some people prefer their function keys to do things like make the screen brighter and dimmer, control media playback, etc., and rarely use the F-keys for anything else. They need to use the FN key to get the standard F-key functionality back. Most visually impaired users, on the other hand, prefer things the other way, requiring the press of the FN key to use the media and screen control functions since we don't use those much.

HTH