Are you logging on to the mac mini as the user that the time machine backups is
being run as or simply is your log in account an administrator.

From: 'Tim Kilburn' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, 22 December 2018 5:31 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Problems Restoring A File Using Time Machine

Hi,

You go into System Prefs, Time Machine and uncheck the Automatically Backup
checkbox, close System Prefs, then re-open and check it again.  The close is
required to properly apply changes.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Apple Teacher
(with Swift Playgrounds Recognition)
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

On Dec 21, 2018, at 09:19, Pete De Vasto