Thank you, Mark, it’s very reassuring.  I’ve listened to a few podcasts for
earlier versions of Apple watch, and the presenters were talking about holding
down “Friends” button - a rectangular button.  But I couldn’t see that button
on the series 4 in the shop, and there was nobody on hand to ask.  So your
response is very helpful.  Does that mean that the “friends’ button has been
dispensed with?

I’m very excited about my watch coming.  I’ve. waited for a number of years to
get one, and now it’s coming.

Andrew
> On Apr 16, 2019, at 2:46 AM, M. Taylor <mk...@ucla.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello Andrew,
>
> Do not be nervous with regard to how to power on your Apple Watch.
>
> The watch is powered on by simply pressing the Digital Crown or what would be
> considered the stem on a regular Braille watch.
>
> Just press and hold the stem in, for about 5 seconds and the watch will power
> on.
>
> I cannot remember if VoiceOver starts up at the power on but if you do not
> hear anything after about a minute or so, press the stem/digital crown 3
> times to enable VoiceOver.
>
> Please let us know how it goes.
>
> Mark

list.