Hi,

Sounds like it's an older Mac with File Vault enabled.  That's the way life is
when you have File Vault enabled.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Apple Teacher
(with Swift Playgrounds Recognition)
Jamf Certified Associate
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

On Oct 9, 2019, at 15:39, Petrus Tuerlings <petrus.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks, that worked. Although I only got the 3 tones after entering the
password. Must admit, it’s a bit of a pain in the place the sun don’t shine but
at least I managed to sign in. I just have to remind my wife to hit command f5
before she logs in.

> On 10/10/2019, at 10:04, Jeff Berwick <mailingli...@berwick.name
> <mailto:mailingli...@berwick.name>> wrote:
>
> If you have an older Mac, just type in the username and hit return.  Then,
> type in the password and hit return.  The Mac should load up at that point.
>
> On my machine, I get a single beep before the username, a double beep after
> entering the username and three beeps upon successful entering of the
> password.
>
> Jeff
>

>> On Oct 9, 2019, at 4:36 PM, Petrus Tuerlings <petrus.t...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:petrus.t...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>> Well that kind of worked but didn’t work. I got voiceover to start when I
>> restarted my wife’s Mac, and all it said was Voiceover on, user name. It
>> didn’t give me anywhere to enter the password to unlock the Mac, I even
>> tried to tab around to find the password field and all it kept saying was
>> voiceover on user name.  I tried turning voiceover off and entering her
>> password but that isn’t work either. So now I’ll have to wait until she gets
>> home as I can’t unlock it now.  I thought if I enabled voiceover to start on
>> startup I’d be able  to unlock the Mac with voiceover on.
>> Oh, Simon, my wife’s Mac hasn’t got the Touch Bar.
>>
>>> On 10/10/2019, at 09:11, Simon A Fogarty <si...@blinky-net.com
>>> <mailto:si...@blinky-net.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Petrus,
>>>
>>> So on the touch bar machines,
>>>
>>> Press the top right hand corner key three times quickly to bring up the
>>> accessibility list,
>>>
>>> Tab down to voiceover and hit space bar on it, then hit the letter v to
>>> start vo as it would normally be.
>>>
>>> Then to start it from the command prompt go into system preferences,
>>> Users and groups,
>>> Go across to the padlock and unlock it,
>>> Then back to the users / groups list,
>>> Highlight the very bottom user / feature which should be Log in and
>>>
>>> Then there should be an option to start voiceover at the log in screen.
>>>
>>> Check that and then exit should be all you need to do.

Sent from Petrus' MacBook

list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at:
caraqu...@caraquinn.com

<http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.