Yeah I wish I could do this, but to put 8 gig of ram in my mbp which is
running ddr3 sodims, it's going to cost me $1000 to do it.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of May McDonald
Sent: Wednesday, 24 February 2010 10:12 p.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: need help: windows 7 very sluggish in fusion

Hmm, then I will see about getting more ram as well since I'm having the
same problem since the latest upgrade. Windows 7 worked fine until I
upgraded fusion.

May
On 2010-02-24, at 12:28 AM, Tony Bernedal wrote:

> Hi.
> I had the same experience with xp and fusion. I added more ram to my m b
so it now have 4 gb and both fusion and all other tasks on the mac runs like
a charm. Fast and very responsive.
> So my recomendation is to add more ram ta your machine.
> I haven't tried w7 due to I can't get the thing to install at all, so I
through it on the shelf again and using xp the few times I need windows.
> Regards Tony
>
> 24 feb 2010 kl. 08.56 skrev John J Herzog:
>
>> Hi listers,
>> I'm having problems running windows 7 under vmware fusion 3.0.1, the
latest version. Specifically, when it's running, windows 7 slows my mac down
considerably. My mac is a 2.4 GHZ core2 duo from 2008 with 2 gigs of ram.
Even with a gig of ram allocated to each system, the performance on both the
mac and windows is very slow. Alex starts breaking up, and it takes much
longer to load applications or even web sites. Also, I have noticed that my
fan kicks on a lot more often, even when doing something simple in windows
like working with a word document or opening an excel file.
>> What can I do to speed up windows 7, which seems quite bloated to me?
I've already disabled nonsense like system restore, arrow effects, 3d
graphics optimization in fusion, and file indexing. Note, even when I allow
the machine to use 2 processor cores, it seems rather sluggish.
>> Any suggestions? Or given my machine's configuration, should I just stick
with XP, which is only a temporary solution, as it will be obsolete in a
year or two?