Hi Ian!
I've been using a mac since may of 2008 and have come to really love it.  I
think its very easy to use and you can have the basics out of the way in just a
few hours.
Good luck with it.  If you have skype or other chat programs you might chat
with some of us on this list to ask questions.  That helped me quite a bit in
the beginning.
Take care!
Jim

On Mar 2, 2010, at 12:52 PM, ian mcnamara wrote:

> hello all my name is ian mcnamara i am 26 years old and i live in birmingham
> in the u k. i currently own windows seven but am thinking of getting a mac in
> future so thought i would join this list to learn about it.
>
> thanks very much
>
> ian mcnamara.
>
> skype heeman2730

-----