If the function keys are not behaving like normal pc function keys, then you
need to change the keyboard settings in the mac preferences
By default a mac doesn't use function keys like normal pc function keys.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Esther
Sent: Tuesday, 9 March 2010 6:28 a.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: a vmware question

Hello Sarah,

I'm not running Fusion, but what's happening, at least with the F10 key, is
that you're running into conflicts with the existing key definitions for the
Mac.  The F10 key is used for Exposé on the Mac side, and you definitely
want to disable the key definitions, because you're not going to use it, and
if you press these keys you'll think that your computer has frozen up.  Read
the archived post for a description of what's happening and how to disable
the Exposé key definitions:

http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries%40googlegroups.com/msg08197.html
(What is Exposé, and how to use its assigned keys in Fusion)

Since I'm on a laptop, my keyboard doesn't include an F13 key, so I'm not
sure what's going on there.

Cheers,

Esther

Sarah Alawami wrote:
>Hello to all.
>
>I am running xp on a vmware setup and i cannot get the f13 key to map so I
could use nvda  for my  screen reader. I tried the map function in the
preffences but no joy and falso if I have to right click on something ,shift
f10 causes the vm to freeze. Is there another way aroun this?