Hey Eric,
A couple of little recommendations for you.
I say unashamedly that one of my favourite microphone companies is rode witch
is Australian…. like me.
They make a couple of beauties.
If you would like straight up USB, I would recommend the rode NT USB.
I have used this mike a bit and I must say it is pretty good, for a USB mic.
I don't have a lot of time for USB mics in general because you don't get the
best noise flaw.
If you want to go a step up, the rode NT 1 which is connected via a USB audio
interface.
It also comes with a shock mount which is very very handy if you accidentally
knock into it.
They also make a microphone called the Podcaster but I don't recommend it, it's
not one of their better products.
That is just my two cents.

> On 23 Apr 2020, at 1:55 am, Eric Caron <eric.caro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
>       I used to do podcasts but then work and life kept me very busy for
> several years.  Now I’ve had the desire to do some hopefully helpful podcasts
> again.  But technology has gone way ahead of me.
>
>       I’ve noticed that sound has vastly improved in podcasts.  I suspect
> more people are using usb microphones on their computers.  In some group zoom
> meetings and some podcasts the differences are amazing.  Most people sound
> ok, probably using the computer mic.  Others sound like they are standing in
> the room next to me!
>
> Can I get some recommendations for a “reasonable “ not the ultimate expensive
> choices on a mic and possibly a simple mixer that would work well with my
> 2018 MacBook Pro?
>
> I’d like to nail this down before exploring my iPhone options.
>
> My goal is to be able to do interviews with one or possibly two people
> remotely using zoom or similar platform.  I also plan to do some simple
> software and application demonstrations, so this would be my voice and the
> computer or iPhone.
>
> Hard ware is my first priority and then tips on how to use it!
>
> Appreciatively,
>
> Eric Caron

> list.

> caraqu...@caraquinn.com