Tim,

Actually, the term “complication” refers to the various widgets, for lack of a
better term, that can be used in different positions on a watch face.
For example, on the Utility watch face, I have the Sun rise/sun set
complication in the upper left corner, I have the Weather conditions
complication in the upper right corner, and other complications in other
positions on the watch face.

Apparently, the term complication has been used in the watch industry for many
years, and is not something that is new or specific to the Apple Watch.

HTH

- Brad -

On May 22, 2020, at 15:58, 'Tim Kilburn' via MacVisionaries