Hi Donna

There are two ways I've stumbled into the edit box.

1.  On the FB main page where it has a link then a number which is the number
of notifications you have, I VO+space on the notification link so I can read
list of notifications.  I came across one stating "Janes Smith commented on
your status"  so I pressed VO+space on the status link to go read her comment.
After doing so, instead of pressing the link "home" I pressed command+left
bracket.  Remembering there was something else I wanted to read on my wall, I
quickly pressed command+right bracket to move forward.  I was amused by this
for no apparent reason so I began pressing them several times consecutively.
Forward back forward back.  When I finally stopped, I was on the main FB site
ready to resume reading friends' updates when I pressed VO+right arrow to make
my way down the page and found Voiceover saying the following, "what's on your
mind edit box"  Sure enough, I was in the box and tested it by updating my
status and it worked!  So now every so often, I will be on the main FB site and
activate the link to my profile.  Once on my profile page, I press command+left
bracket then quickly  command+right bracket so that I keep going back and forth
several times then I stop at the main FB site and some times, VO then reads the
edit box and it's accompanying label.

NOTE:  It is a bit strange and it does some times cause VO to turn off then
turn right back on.

2. The other option is on the FB main site when reading friends' updates, there
is a heading "friends online" followed by a heading "newsfeed"  I arrow over to
the two options which read top news and most recent.  I press VO+space on "most
recent" then VO+right arrow  twice and hear "what's on your mind"  VO only
reads the label but doesn't put me in the edit box so I press command+r to
reload the page.  When the page reloads, I quickly move to the newsfeed heading
and VO+right arrow once and I hear "what's on your mind edit box" and I can
type in my status.

NOTE:  Again, this doesn't always work and when it does, I usually have
anywhere between 30 seconds up to three minutes before mysteriously, access to
the edit box is no longer possible.  Haven't figured that part out.

I hope that helps Donna.  If there is another way to get access to the edit box
on the main FB site, I hope someone shares it because the fact that these work
even if not all the time leads me to believe we're not all that far away from
someone figuring it out.  I did use FB main site for three months after buying
my IMac and was able to use the edit box to always update my status. The only
problem was VO would never read the label "what's on your mind"  It would only
say "edit box" but I knew I was in the right place because when I used my PC,
edit box label was read by Window-Eyes and having learned the layout, I knew
that was indeed the proper edit box to update my status.  Now, with these two
"out of the box" methods I've been using, VO does read the label so again, I
know we're close.  I can feel it!!

Israel Antonio
Sexy Isra
www.sexyisra.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/sexyisra

On Mar 15, 2010, at 9:18 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

> Hi Israel,
>
> What was the way you "stumbled upon to access that box?
> Donna
> On Mar 15, 2010, at 9:54 AM, Israel wrote:
>
>> Ronit,
>>
>> I use the main site.  Yes, I do some times update status via the mobile site
>> as well as through my twitter account which I have set to also update FB
>> status.
>>
>> Other than updating status or writing on walls, I seem to navigate well on
>> the main site able to "like" a friend's status or comment on his/her
>> updates.  I can seemingly locate all other edit boxes on the newsfeed, my
>> profile, or any changes I try to make to my profile, preferences, or
>> settings.  I just figured out through trial and error as well as several
>> friends constantly sending me IMs how to use the FB chat on the main site.
>> Because of this list, I seriously considered download a third party ap for
>> accessability purposes but if I can do it through the FB chat successfully
>> then I will stick with that for now.
>>
>> As for FB aps, I don't play any games on FB other than once in a while
>> accepting/sending gifts in Mofia Wars but for the most part I only use the
>> Twitter ap within FB and the "send a drink" and "send a hug" aps and they
>> all work just fine as I naviagte the tables, edit boxes, or controls.
>>
>> Oh and I did recently stumble upon a way where I can get the "what's on your
>> mind" edit box to appear and update my status on the main FB site but it is
>> kind of hit or miss only working about 40 percent of the time but that's
>> better than nothing I guess.
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> Israel Antonio
>> Sexy Isra
>> www.sexyisra.blogspot.com
>> www.twitter.com/sexyisra
>> On Mar 14, 2010, at 9:07 PM, Ronit Ovadia Mazzoni wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>> I'm new to the list and new to using Mac. I just got my mac mini two weeks
>>> ago and so far I'm really enjoying it. One thing I'd like to know is if any
>>> of you use the regular facebook site with safari and voiceover
>>> successfully? I'm having trouble locating edit boxes on the site. For
>>> example, updating status messages, writing on people's walls, etc. Of
>>> course I can do this by accessing the mobile site but the mobile site is
>>> not as powerful as the full site and I'd like to use the full site if
>>> possible. If any of you have any tricks or tips, I'd love to hear them.
>>> Thanks.