I finally tracked down the article.
https://blog.mozilla.org/accessibility/voiceover-preview-for-macos-firefox/

VoiceOver Preview for macOS Firefox
Asa DotzlerDecember 15, 2020
For the better part of two decades, Mozilla has been building browsers that are
highly accessible for users with disabilities. While we’ve worked to ensure
that people with a wide range of disabilities can participate on the web, much
of our engineering effort has been focused on improvements for screen readers,
an assistive technology that allows blind users to engage with computers
through synthesized speech or a braille display.

On Windows, Firefox supports the two most popular screen readers, NVDA and
JAWS. On Linux, Firefox works with the Orca screen reader. On Android, Firefox
users have their pick of Google’s Talkback or Samsung’s Voice Assistant. And on
iOS, Firefox users can work with the built-in VoiceOver screen reader.

That brings us to macOS. About 15 years ago, Apple introduced a built-in screen
reader to macOS called VoiceOver. There were a couple of efforts to get Firefox
working with VoiceOver but it never reached a usable state. Mac was the one
major Firefox platform that simply wasn’t accessible to blind users.

At the beginning of 2020, we set out to fix that. Three members of the
accessibility engineering team, Morgan, Eitan, and Marco, put together a one
year plan to deliver solid VoiceOver screen reader support on macOS. In
February, the team started work in earnest. The first steps were to build tools
for reverse engineering the under-documented macOS and VoiceOver APIs. Over the
next ten versions of Firefox, the team would implement VO features, fix bugs,
and perform all kinds of testing to verify that features and fixes were working
as expected and to document the remaining gaps.

Now here we are at Firefox 85 Beta and we’re almost done. Firefox supports all
the most common VoiceOver features and with plenty of performance. Users should
be able to navigate through most web content and all of the browser’s primary
interface without problems. But we’re not quite done yet. The web is huge and
the browser interface is wide and deep so we need more people putting Firefox
and VoiceOver to the test and letting us know what’s working and not working
before we can call it done.

This is where you come in. If you’re a part time or full time screen reader
user on macOS, we’d love for you to update to Firefox 85 Beta and give it a
spin with VoiceOver. We expect you’ll find it pretty solid but there are a few
known issues, like VoiceOver search not working, and Firefox sub-menus and tree
views expanded/collapsed state not being announced. And there are no doubt use
cases we haven’t considered or tested so you may find additional bugs or
feature gaps and we’re counting on you to tell us all about those so we can
complete this work as soon as possible. Please report any bugs you find to
Bugzilla and if you’d like to chat about what’s working and not working for
you, you can find us on Matrix. We look forward to hearing from you.

What’s next? We’re going to watch for your feedback and address any significant
issues that you surface. With your help, in a release or two we’ll be able to
call VoiceOver support complete and we can move on to other features and fixes
from our roadmap.

Sent from my iPhone

list.

caraqu...@caraquinn.com