OK, hope that helps.
Keep in mind, that even with Auto-Hide enabled, if the mouse pointer is
hovering near the bottom of the screen, this will cause the dock to appear, and
VoiceOver may speak or highlight a dock item.  Same can be true for the menu
bar, and/or any of the pull-down menus.

- Brad -

On Apr 6, 2021, at 15:05, 'Robert Cole' via MacVisionaries
<macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Auto hide the doc was not checked.
I checked it. I hope this fix the problem.
Thanks,

> On Apr 6, 2021, at 2:56 PM, Brad Snyder <wb...@swbell.net
> <mailto:wb...@swbell.net>> wrote:
>
> I’m thinking this could be due to one of 2 things.
>
> 1.  Your dock is not set to auto-hide.
> or,
> 2.  Your dock may or may not be set to auto-hide, but your mouse arrow is
> situated at the bottom of the screen, and is hovering over the dock area.
>
> Many non-sighted VoiceOver users are not aware that even though they are
> using VoiceOver, the mouse pointer is still active, and present somewhere on
> the screen.  Depending on the location of the mouse arrow, this can cause
> “hover” related issues.
> I suggest that when you hear this random speech, you try dragging your finger
> on the trackpad, up and to the far left, in order to relocate the mouse
> pointer to a less problematic location on the screen and see if that helps.
>
> - Brad -
>

> On Apr 6, 2021, at 10:11, 'Robert Cole' via MacVisionaries
> <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>>
> wrote:
>
> Dear List,
> I am having a weird problem with VoiceOver on Big Sur.
> While reading on web pages and in email, by pressing the down arrow to read
> line by line, I will hear
> "Notes, 12 of 20.”
> Then as I continue to press the down arrow, it will read the email for a few
> lines, then I may hear,
> “Music, 14 of 20.”
> Am I the only one with this problem?
> I promise I’m not cracking up!
> I hear it! Really  I do!!
> I do I do really hear it!
> LOL  😎👨🏾‍🦯
> Thanks,
> Rob

> list.

> mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu> and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can
> reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/DA7F5920-0FB9-4F89-B74E-3B86F11236A6%40icloud.com
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/DA7F5920-0FB9-4F89-B74E-3B86F11236A6%40icloud.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> list.

> mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu> and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can
> reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/EB4CDCC5-73D3-4F6A-A13B-ECA18603B43C%40swbell.net
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/EB4CDCC5-73D3-4F6A-A13B-ECA18603B43C%40swbell.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at:
caraqu...@caraquinn.com

<http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.