I’ve noticed a rather annoying phenomenon while reading e-mail.  I do have my
e-mail clients configured to group messages from a specific thread together.
Ås a result, I may have a number of messages related to a given topic
juxtaposed in order of original to succeeding replies.  However, while reading
each message I often find that messages are not automatically opened in the
order presented in the message table.  For example, I might encounter a message
thread with five message listed in the afore mentioned time order.  But I find
that as I delete the currently read message the e-mail client will often jump
to the last message rather than to the next message as listed in time order.
And, after reading the last message of the given thread and deleting, I find
that the formerly second message is then opened.  This pattern of jumping back
and forth continues until the last message of the thread is encountered.  So,
given a thread with five messages, as I read and delete the messages the order
is often as follows: first, fifth, second, fourth and finally third.

This isn’t terribly constructive as comments in an immediately previous message
may be substantially pertinent to the next opened message.  It would be nice if
I could read first, second, third, fourth and fifth messages in the
“correct”sequence.  Can anyone offer any solutions?

TIA

- Bill from Ino, Wisconsin
- "What you get by achieving your goals is not"
- "as important as what you become by achieving your goals."
- Goethe

list.

caraqu...@caraquinn.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/C7681B9E-8132-406D-9C26-7A13B232E659%40gmail.com.