Hi, unfortunately here are my concerns about this entire Apple silicon versus the Intel mock debate, and my concerns about it when it is in respect to this issue.

The issue that I see is simply this. If you have to the way Apple sees it financially is trade-in your Intel Mac spend $600 which I think is abruptly the price difference between the two machines then spend another $300 on Apple care protection. That if you live in a state or a region that has a sales tax based on the total price of the item this could get to be very expensive. In fact for many of us were blind at least in the United States it is prohibitively expensive. In other words I think for now they must support both the Intel and the silicon in 2023 I think that would be a different story but right now in late 2021 they have to support both otherwise some people may just say Dell's elegant switch to Windows in fact that's what I'm using to dictate this message to simply because there is nothing comparable in terms of dictation on the Apple side. In fact people hate me because I can't spell because I have a written expression disorder so I have to use Dragon in Windows to at least have a shot of being understood. I hope this helps, and is not to unduly long.