Hi, Donna:

I do recall your problem after upgrading to IOS 16, but only because I
had just started paying attention to IOS related messages on this list.

I just recently got my first iPhone, the 3rd gen Mini SE that still has
a home button. It's such a foreign land still to me that I always turn
back to my Android when I actually need to get something done with a
mobile phone beyond just making a phone call. I'm a ways away from
feeling comfortable enough with IOS to take it, rather my Android, out
with me when I go out and about.

Certainly, there's more learning curve to an entire new environment like
iPhone, but I think we should use some of the same caution about
upgrading. Too often the industry may not have tested sufficiently in
advance of release, and I, myself, don't like being their test subject.
To my mind this technology is here to serve us, and not us here to serve
the technologies.

Oh, I'm very grateful we have it. As a blind person I'm particularly
glad, as I'm sure most of us are. Nevertheless, it's user first in my
mind..

Best,

Janina

--