Hey Mark. Neural TTS was introduced back in iOS 13 and it's only available for 
the Siri voice. It was pretty cool when Apple showed it off. At WWDC they did a 
comparison between the normal sounding Siri voice and the same Siri voice that 
was using Neural TTS. If you listen carefully, you'll notice that the second 
version of the voice sounds more human than the normal concatenated version. 
That's Neural Text To Speech. I was going to send a link to a video showing you 
what I mean but it looks like Youtube has taken those videos down.

Regards
Shawn
Sent from Diva, the M1 MacBook Air
To join my Whatsapp groups such as Tech Zone and Mac Users and Newbies, please 
message me and I'll add you.
Follow me on Mastodon at bbsshawnontwitch@disabled.social
Follow me on Facebook by searching for Shawn Krasniuk



> On May 31, 2023, at 10:07 PM, M. Taylor <mk...@ucla.edu> wrote:
> 
> Great hearing your ideas, Shawn.
> 
> You do have me at a disadvantage, however.  I don't know what you mean when 
> you say Neural TTS engines.  I did not know they even existed, at least, not 
> as such.
> 
> What exactly is a Neural TTS?  Is that Alex?
> 
> Mark
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: bbsshawn via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> 
> Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 2:26 PM
> To: 'Donna Goodin' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
> Subject: Re: Just a Quick Hello To Everyone on the List from Moderator Mark
> 
> Hey Mark. Welcome back. Well for me I bought my M1 MacBook Air  at the 
> beginning of the month and I'm still in love with her. I named her Diva. I 
> named her after a certain girl I'm interested in. I don't have a lot of 
> features I'd like to see, just a few fixes I'd like to see across all 
> devices. First for the new macOS I'd like to see them bring back the ability 
> to use the Neural TTS versions of the Siri voices with Voiceover. Why they 
> took that feature away from us in Ventura is beyond me. That's why I 
> downgraded this thing back to Monterey because Neural TTS beats the regular 
> voices. They sound so real and I love it.
> For iOS 17 I'd like to see them bring back the Premium Zoe voice. I know when 
> iOS 16.0 was first in beta we had the voice but there were so many problems 
> with it that they took it away  and now all we have is the enhanced version 
> of that voice which doesn't really sound that great. I'm using the Tom voice 
> for that reason and don't get me wrong, he's ok, but Zoe Premium is better.
> I guess I kinda lied about not having any features I'd like to see added. In 
> iOS 17 I'd love to be able to use the Neural TTS Siri voices with Voiceover. 
> That's all though. Anyway, glad to see you're doing well Mark.
> 
> Regards
> Shawn
> Sent from Diva, the M1 MacBook Air
> To join my Whatsapp groups such as Tech Zone and Mac Users and Newbies, 
> please message me and I'll add you.
> Follow me on Mastodon at bbsshawnontwitch@disabled.social Follow me on 
> Facebook by searching for Shawn Krasniuk
> 
> 
> 
>> On May 31, 2023, at 11:55 AM, Violet Gill <logicalviol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Hello, I am enjoying my Mac mini M1 and my iPhone 14 promax. I think the 
>> best thing I will want to see for iOS 17 is it to be more stable iOS 16 was 
>> very very buggy in the earlier versions. Hopefully iOS 17 will be much 
>> better.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Violet. 
>> She/her.
>> 
>>> On May 31, 2023, at 12:22, 'E.T.' via MacVisionaries 
>>> <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>> ´╗┐Hi Mark,
>>> Rather than adding more features, I would much prefer the various OSs be 
>>> made more stable. Ventura and iOS need to be more polished. Especially 
>>> Voiceover voices.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> From E.T.'s Keyboard...
>>> "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent 
>>> revolution inevitable."
>>> --John F. Kennedy
>>> My e-Mail:
>>> ancient.ali...@icloud.com
>>> 
>>>> On 5/31/2023 7:58 AM, M. Taylor wrote:
>>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>> Seems as though it's been quite a while since I posted to the list 
>>>> so just wanted to check in with you and see how everyone is doing 
>>>> with their Apple devices.
>>>> I am looking forward to the WWDC 2023 keynote presentation, next week.
>>>> You know?  The only software feature that I really want added to the 
>>>> OS is the ability to permanently save and organize iMessage content into 
>>>> folders.
>>>> Are there any features, accessibility-related or not, that you would 
>>>> like to see introduced next week?
>>>> I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to reading your replies.
>>>> Moderator Mark
>>> 
>>> --
>>> The following information is important for all members of the Mac 
>>> Visionaries list.
>>> 
>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners 
>>> or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>> 
>>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach 
>>> mark at:  mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach 
>>> Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com
>>> 
>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/
>>> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>> Groups "MacVisionaries" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>>> email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/b7d0f7fc-c8b9-aac4-0d32-68bd393d5ac7%40icloud.com.
>> 
>> --
>> The following information is important for all members of the Mac 
>> Visionaries list.
>> 
>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
>> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>> 
>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach 
>> mark at:  mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach 
>> Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com
>> 
>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "MacVisionaries" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit 
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/8908AC4C-E319-40A8-975F-1B3C841B1422%40gmail.com.
> 
> --
> The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries 
> list.
> 
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
> 
> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at:  
> mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
> caraqu...@caraquinn.com
> 
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "MacVisionaries" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/B0E2D28B-76C4-44E7-8205-4222F1C0B4D3%40icloud.com.
> 
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries 
> list.
> 
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
> 
> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at:  
> mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
> caraqu...@caraquinn.com
> 
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "MacVisionaries" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit 
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/004e01d99436%242f0657f0%248d1307d0%24%40ucla.edu.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries 
list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor.  You can reach mark at:  
mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
caraqu...@caraquinn.com

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MacVisionaries" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/3230E9EF-FAB3-4665-84D3-F957C5A9D49D%40icloud.com.

Reply via email to