You can always check the system settings for the mic volume.You might find an external mic is going to work better.

On 10/1/2023 14:28, 'E.T.' via MacVisionaries wrote:
   You have choices on the QT File menu. Don't know about the volume issue.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."
 -Helen Keller
My e-Mail:
ancient.ali...@icloud.com

On 10/1/2023 12:17 PM, etscrivani via MacVisionaries wrote:
Hi Herbie, Brad & ET,

Thanks, I found it and was able to make a very simple audio recording. Do you know if this also produces a video with it or is it only the audio. I was not using any type of mic, just what is built into the Mac so the sound volume was pretty bad in that it was very low. Any thoughts on what it would take to improve the volume level? I did see one setting that said volume was at 100%.

Thanks again to all of you.

Eileen

*From:* macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> *On Behalf Of *Herbie Allen
*Sent:* Sunday, October 1, 2023 1:30 PM
*To:* macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: How to Make A Video/Audio Recording On Mac?

Yes, Quicktime is the way to go!

    On Oct 1, 2023, at 12:04, etscrivani via MacVisionaries
    <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>> wrote:

    Hi All,

    I want to try and make a video/audio recording on my 2014 Mac Book
    Pro running Big Sur. I never did this before so am wondering if
    there is existing software on the computer that will do this or if I
    need to buy some type of app. Can anyone please advise me on the
    steps and exactly what I will need. I looked on the doc thinking I
    would find either “Camera” or “Recording”, but neither was there.

    Thanks for any pointers and instructions on what I need to do. Also,
    I don’t want big and fancy audio editing, just simple basic
    recording ability.

    Thanks in advance.

    Eileen

    --
    The following information is important for all members of the Mac
    Visionaries list.

    If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this
    list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please
    contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the
    list itself.

    Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach
    mark at:mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu>and your owner is Cara
    Quinn - you can reach Cara atcaraqu...@caraquinn.com
    <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

<http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
    Groups "MacVisionaries" group.
    send an email tomacvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
    To view this discussion on the web
visithttps://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/006201d9f489%244ce42fa0%24e6ac8ee0%24%40verizon.net <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/006201d9f489%244ce42fa0%24e6ac8ee0%24%40verizon.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

--
The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at: mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu> and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/ <http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/F6E47CFF-CCE6-416D-A3AA-B7BF317DBFF8%40gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/F6E47CFF-CCE6-416D-A3AA-B7BF317DBFF8%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

--
The following information is important for all members of the Mac Visionaries list.

Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor. You can reach mark at: mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com

http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/ <http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/003f01d9f49b%24f8f08200%24ead18600%24%40verizon.net <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/003f01d9f49b%24f8f08200%24ead18600%24%40verizon.net?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

list.

caraqu...@caraquinn.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/macvisionaries/d11d70c5-a30e-b62e-fb5d-ed53cb69fedf%40gmail.com.