Phil:

I still use my 2013 era Mac Air. I am fully updated to Big Sur, the
lates it seems there will ever be for those older machines.

I can easily get my Air into a situations where the fans are running
almost constantly. My solution is to minimize how many applications I
keep open on the Air. There's an old saying about software expanding to
take advantage of newer, more powerful hardware. I've always thought
those fans are illustrating that old principle.

Best,
Janina

--

Janina Sajka (she/her/hers)