I run my own mail server. I have it configured to train its filter on all of the mail that I move into the spam folder. Anything automatically placed in the spam folder and later moved out of it manually is automatically trained as legitimate mail.

I would expect commercial mail providers to do the same, probably in more sophisticated ways.