> rl: This is rather surprising, that they would do this. Regarding the 18+
> thing, there are apps that won't download unless you consent that you are not
> a minor. Unfortunately, that requires a simple yes/no click, but at the same
> time, it's after your password,  so that's some layer of protection...but i
> don't know.

cdh: While not related specifically to Apple, the availability of pornography
to kids versus the availability of books to blind people is a real piss off to
me.

cdh: When a kid finds a porno site online, the only proof of age is typically a
button that says, "I swear I am over 18" which has no way of verifying the
veracity of the person who clicked the button. We have a Federal law that makes
it illegal to sell porn to people under 18 years old so, if the person who
pressed the button is a liar, the site is committing a Federal offense.

cdh: Meanwhile, we have a Federal law guaranteeing books for people with vision
and other print impairments. To get to NLS, Bookshare, etc. we need to jump
through hoops to prove that, indeed, we are blind.

cdh: So, why is it much easier to break one law and follow another?