Hi, I confess I haven't done much more than basic audio editing with Amadeus.
I can say that if you choose an effects plugin, you're usually presented with a
dialog box in which you can specify parameters.  Scrubbing is doable although
could be better in my opinion, arrows basically scrub.  The trick to Amadeus
Pro is that there is a play head and an insertion cursor.  For reasons I'm sure
I'll never understand, these two elements can not be linked.  There are
keyboard commands, however, to route the insertion pointer to play head, or
route play head to insertion pointer.  A pain to have to remember the
keystrokes every time you want to make an edit, but eventually, it sort of
becomes second nature.  Yep, definitely no Sonar. :)

Hope this helps and I'll try and research the EQ question a bit.

Steve