I currently have a laptop with jaws, and in order to save energy and
prolong the life of the battery I dim the brightness to 1% of total
when not pluged in.  I was reading that you can enable a screen
curtain in Voice Over so to prevent others from seeing what you are
doing.  This is great in itself, since it can protect your privacy,
but I was wondering if this feature will also prolong the baterry life
on a mac notebook.  If it does not, or if you guys do not know, is
there a way to dim the brightness of the display in the mac OS to
prolong the life of the battery inbetween charges?

Thanks,
alfredo

PS I ahve a license unopened copy of ViewPlus AudioGraphing Calculator
for sale, it cost 300 if bought fromt he company, I am selling mine
for 250.  Send me an email if you are interested