Hi all,

When I enter the downloads folder from the dock and go to an item I want to
delete, I can't send it to the trash. That item is dimmed. I'm sure this didn't
use to be the case. I know I've deleted things from my download folder. What am
I missing? Also, I have noticed that now when I open the macintosh hd item on
my desktop, I go straight way into the table  for the applications folder. I
thiknk my sighted partner must have changed something, as I am positive this
behavior is new and not necessarily wanted, since there doesn't seem to be a
way to get the top level view of the hd any more, which offered another way of
getting at the downloads folder, among other things. any advice?

Mary