Well, I just tried the apple support page that I was having problems with and
it worked fine twice in a row.  This is starting to get really tricky.

On the Audible page, I've done the fallowing:

When vo restarts itself, shut it down.
 reload the page.
After a few seconds (4 or so) start vo.

I assume it will work the same in other situations.

This is the only thing that has worked for me every time.