Hi Esther, I tried this last night and encountered the same issue. I
double-tapped the "Free" button and when nothing happen, I found a button that
was labeled something similar to "language English" or something along those
lines. I double-tapped that button and then was prompted for my iTUnes
password. So, this appears to be some sort of accessibility issue.
It took me two tries to figure it out, but I must say, very interesting.