Apparently paralels, for reasons I will never understand chose to draw their
controls to the screen directly instead of using standard mac controls. Try as
I might, I can think of no advantage to this only disadvantages, so to make it
accessible, it would need to be rewritten, whoever made that decision had no
idea what they were doing.