Hi all,

You might not have noticed yet but in the contacts in ios 4 you can't change
the label for phone numbers.  It's just stuck on mobile.  Here is an
explanation I worked out and the work around to the bug.  Please contact apple
to report this.
***

I have confirmed this is a VO problem.  I have found a work around though.
It's not perfect so I urge you all to contact apple and inform them about the
problem I'm about to describe.  The contacts now has a drop down list to choose
the type of number label you want to use.  You can't activate this list with
voiceover on though.  That's the problem we've been running in to. It is on the
extreme left of the screen towards the middle.  You will here it say mobile
which is the default option in the list.  It is directly to the left of the
edit field for phone numbers.  If you just slide your finger down till you hear
mobile edit and slide your finger to the left until your almost to the edge of
the screen you will find it.  To activate this drop down list you need to turn
Voiceover off with a triple home press then tap that portion of the screen that
I just described.  Turn VO back on and you will find a list showing Home, work,
main and the other phone number labels.  Just double tap on the one you want.