Hello Annie,

For the time being, Apple doesn't even provide grade 1 Braille in other
languages apart from American English. It's my husband who provides all the
Braille in other languages, and he has not found a way to implement contracted
Braille. He has had no help whatsoever from Apple in this and he is certainly
not paid to do it.

In view of the fact that contracted Braille is now provided on the iPhone for
quite a number of languages, I should imagine that you will get your wish with
the next level of Mac OS X.

Cheers,

Anne