On Jun 27, 2010, at 5:17 PM, Chris Moore wrote:
Snip...
> Actually I am very jealous as this time last year when I could see I would
> have killed for a mac with HDMI on i for my living room.  Let's just hope the
> updated iTV is accessible with some sort of TV content as my cable box is now
> useless.  I am not sure if Richard Branson's Virgin team will have the
> foresight to add talking menus or enable the iPhone to control the device via
> VoiceOver and a wi fi  signal.

Any iThing can remotely control an iTunes library which is what the Apple tv
is.  It is rumored that Apple will be releasing a new Apple tv shortly and for
less cost.  I sure hope this is the truth for I need to buy two of them to
continue the way we watch tv in my house.

Currently I have an airport express the remote app on the iPhone and iTunes
running on the mini and it's awesome connected up to my 1962 Eico st-40.  The
sound of tube amplification is so wonderful when it's done right.

Search the app store for remote.  When you find the free one from Apple,
install it and enjoy.

--FC