Hi Larry,

I was hoping that Annie or someone else who has used this recently would respond, but I'd suggest you try Metakine's DVD Remaster or Remaster Pro program:
http://www.metakine.com/products/dvdremaster/

You may want the Pro version, which preserves more multiple audio tracks, and also lets you separate off either audio or video tracks (although it doesn't sound as though this would be a requirement for your). This processes movies at least 3 times faster than Handbrake, apart from the other options. The interface is very accessible. I can't speak from direct experience, because I don't do much movie watching or ripping. However, this was extensively discussed on the Mac-access list last year, and one of the list members contacted the developer to make what was already an extremely accessible product work even better with VoiceOver. So, when Annie asked for a recommendation on this list, I suggested this product, and I think she's been fairly happy with it. I'll just state that this seems to be the DVD conversion application of choice among people who do this en masse on the Mac-access list. It costs $39.99 for the regular version and $49.99 for the pro version, with free trial downloads so that you can check this out for yourself.

HTH, and maybe some other list members who use this can comment.

Cheers,

Esther